How To Decorate Tip# 5 (My 5 favorite decorating hacks)
Updated: Sep 6, 2019
If you are anything like me, you weren’t born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Growing up, I always had to improvise or learn how to make due. In decorating, it’s what now gives me an edge in the industry. I know how to stretch a dollar and make the most from what a client may already own. I love recycling things or creating something new from something old and I enjoy the thrill of the hunt at a thrift store to find that perfect treasure!
When you don’t have a lot to spend, there are certain things you can do that will still make a big difference in the way your room looks and feels. The following tips will help you design like a pro while keeping your wallet in check. They are my top 5 favorite ways to make the most impact on a room with little investment:
1. Paint. By far, the simplest way to transform a room (or anything for that matter), is with paint. Sometimes all you need is some paint to create a fresh new look. Use neutral colors on walls t to allow your accent pieces to “pop”. Use a darker color to add a more dramatic look or to warm up a space.
2. Reuse picture frames! Frames of all sizes can be purchased from thrift stores such as Goodwill, for a fraction of the cost of what you could get them for at a regular retail store. Paint them, paint the matting, change out the print or paint over a painting that no longer works for you. Viola! Presto! A whole new look. Use them to add visual interest to a room by creating a gallery wall.
3. Slip covers! Slip covers can completely change the look of an old sofa or a tired chair. It’s an inexpensive way to transform a hand-me-down or update your room without breaking the bank. There are some really fabulous ones out there nowadays. Try www.SureFit.com to see a nice selection.
4. Pillows, pillows, pillows! Throw pillows are such an easy way to update a room. You can even make them yourself by simply creating a slipcover from a piece of scrap fabric over an existing pillow. Here is an easy YouTube tutorial on making one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJfHv8TPwY
5. Live Plants. Nothing brings life to a room like live greenery! If you aren’t a green thumb, succulents will be your best friend and good news for you, they are very on trend!
If you would like to learn other ways to make a big impact in your room, with little money, contact me. If you would like my help in making your house a home, contact me. If you are decorating deficient and would love some advice on how to make your space more aesthetically pleasing, I’m your girl. I live for this stuff and I’d love to help you to fall in love with your space! #RefaceMySpace